03/12/2011

An Eclectic day

I'm sitting here snuggled up in the armchair feeling very tired now- we had such a lovely day at the Christmas crop today.
We started the day with a great class from Debbie Jewell. She had designed a fab double layout class where we have the facility to go back and add our photos at a later date. Each number on the page is accompanied by a piece of acetate to the side or above or below, where we can put our photos under.
Karen had as always made some lovely cupcakes- mince pie ones and peppermint - they were both gorgeous...
Then it was on to my class (gulp) - a Christmas Tree card stamped and inked with some jewels and stickles to glitz it up a bit .I thought it would be nice to make an envelope that was a bit special just for something different.



We used the enveloper to make the envelope  and hopefully everyone enjoyed it.
Then, Karen called Deb and me to come outside as she had a surprise for us..How lovely- there was a package from the very lovely - kind- thoughtful- Deb Turtle. She had sent a parcel over from the States for us to open together when we were at the crop. Inside were some lovely goodies for us to eat and also a little note each.THANK YOU so much DEB - what a lovely thought.


we all had a 'bring and share' lunch- lots of nibbly bits and pieces. Cakes,quiche,sausages,crackers,sandwiches,and so much more..



Then we had a great CD calendar class by Ann Freeman, It's a really clever idea, I only managed to get the front cover done, am still working on the month pages

. It was such a lovely day and spent with some awesome company.

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds a wonderful day,Denise....and your card is gorgeous.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o)!!! Hooray!!! I'm so glad you girls had a good day, and very glad you liked the package I sent.

Your projects look great, and I just LOVE the card and envelope you designed, Denise. Can't go wrong with bling on a tree! It's lovely.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! xo

Anonymous said...

It was so lovely to spend the day with you, Deb and Jane. I love our crop days and your class is just so awesome. I might take Janice's stand and send the lovely card to myself :)

Alison said...

Looks like a great day! Your card is gorgeous, as are the other projects
Alison xx

Sandie said...

How lovely to receive a surprise package for the three of you to open. A very kind thought from Deb. It was a fun day. Thank you for planning your class, it is a lovely idea and mine is going into my JYC album as I want to keep it.

Sian said...

Your card is fab Denise! I'm glad you had a lovely time at the crop - a nice break can make all the difference, can't it? Deb's parcel must have been such a lovely surprise. We are all very lucky to have met her, I think!

Whenever you get a chance would you send me your address? I'd love to include you on my CHristmas card list this year