23/03/2011

A memorable day indeed

Wise words in Shimelle's prompt about being careful about how much we divulge whilst blogging....also thinking about one of my very memorable days - how do you choose ? there are a few I could think of but at a risk of being boring,let my indulge myself and tell you.
One of my favourite memorable days ( and I've no doubt told you about this before) was when I met the Osmonds - this is an old layout that  I did a couple of years ago after the event. I met all of them -gave them all a hug and a peck on the cheek, then sat in on a 'question and answer' session.After that we watched the sound check/rehearsal which was great and then had seats in the 2nd row for the concert in the evening. What made it really special was that it was their 50th Anniversary year and also my 50th so it was a truly memorable day for me. Ever since being a teenager I used to sit and wish I could meet them so it was brilliant to finally achieve that ambition...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great layout and great memory!

jordiegirl said...

Lovely memory for you.

My sister, son and I attended their 50th Anniversary Concert at the NIA, Birmingham, it was a fabulous show.

Back in 2007 my sister and I went to Donny's concert in Newcastle and did a Meet & Greet with him as part of my sister's 50th birthday from us all. We had a great time and I have my photo with Donny hanging on the wall on my landing.

Ruth said...

I do love your love for all things Osmond! x

humel said...

Fantastic memory, definitely worth sharing as many times as possible :-) (As I intend to with my Tim Holtz class!!)

Sandra said...

I bet you can still re-live this memory :) Such a great layout.

Anonymous said...

I too had a Donny crush as a teenager but I have to admit it alternated between him and David Cassidy.

Love the layout

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh...ok...I'm reading your posts in a reverse order so the comment I left about your favorites isn't valid. Didn't know you did a whole post about the Osmonds! :o)

SOOOOO cool for you that you got to meet them. Now I'm jealous! xo

Stephanie Medley-Rath said...

Love the layout. Found you from BFS.

scrappysue said...

No way!!!! Donny Osmond was my absolute fav when I was a teenager. How fabby that you got to meet them. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!