23/02/2011

Back to scrapping

Last night I sat down and went back to a layout I started before I went to Harrogate and did some other crafty stuff.
I've had these 'Glitz' papers for a while and didn't feel I had the right things to use with them. I sat down and did what May Flaum says - Just sit with some random supplies,photos and embellishments. I had a lot of different things, Dear Lizzie ribbons, and letters, Glitz paper, odd buttons, some butterfly bunting I had left....a grungeboard flower that I stamped with a Wendy Vecchi stamp - an odd journalling note..you get the idea !
Anyway, It didn't turn out bad...

Here's the pages on their own..
I've just got the journalling to do over on the right hand side.
Last week, blimey,how quickly has that week gone? we went to a really lovely retaurant in Harrogate called the Drum and Monkey. It was a lovely cosy place with some really cute lights
It's well known for it's fish there. I had a really nice main course - Scallops on a bed of pea and mint puree ....
I'm definitely going to try and do this - as it was so nice - might try this weekend .
On another subject- is anyone watching Bedlam on Sky on Mondays?


I'm hooked and think Will young is really good in it, quite a yummy cast too :-)

4 comments:

Scrappi Sandi said...

Great LO! I don't 'do' fish, but I like the sound of pea & mint puree! fancy that with lamb chops & creamy mashed potato!! We've been Sky+ing Bedlam & I'm looking forward to watching it...gotta love Will Young!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Good on you!
Rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Denise ~ I'm so glad you put those photos into a layout! And I love the way you did it too.

The pea and mint puree sounds really interesting and yummy. If you make some I hope you'll share the recipe! xo

debs14 said...

Love the colours you've used for the Ritz layout. Those flowers are just so pretty.
Pea and mint puree - sounds delish! But I think I'm with Sandi - I'll have mine with a nice lamb cutlet please ;-)