14/11/2010

Where did this week go ?

I can't believe how quickly this week has gone, Sunday again already.

Yesterday I went to a class in Shepreth on the way to Cambridge. We made a gorgeous journal with 7Gypsies papers. The class took all day and involved lots of techniques including waxing the cover and book binding. The book binding was a tad fiddly - I wasn't expecting it-but it was a good technique to learn. We made the front and back covers by tearing lots of old book pages then stuck them to the board,as one lady said- it reminded us of when we used to cover ballons like that when we were younger We then waxed over it with hot wax.
There's still a few embellishments to add to the inside but you get the idea. We cuttlebugged the bird and birdcage for the front and made a few more for the inside of the book too.


I really enjoyed the day and it was nice to meet up with Hilary and see Sandi too- the book binding was right at the end of the class took a bit of concentrating for me but was a lovely way to finish it off..Overall a thoroughly messy, inky, gluey day!

9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like you've got a lovely book made....and lots of messy fun.

Ann said...

That book looks gorgeous, and you learned a new skill (bookbinding) too which is something I would love to be able to do.

Sian said...

It sounds like a fantastic class Denise - I wish I had been there cutting up that 7 Gypsies right beside you!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Gorgeous!I really need to get out my bees wax and melting pot.
rinda

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm gorgeous book - lovely and vintagie (is that a word, if it is I am sure I have spelt it wrong).

Scrappi Sandi said...

It was a great class wasn't it! So good to see you there too! I'm hoping to finish off my book at the crop there on Thurday evening. Hope our paths cross again very soon! :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

So pretty! I just love 7Gypsies stuff - the muted colors and vintage papers. Great book!!! xo

debs14 said...

Ahem! Excuse me Missy, what's all this about going to a crop near me - WITHOUT me???
Fab book, and the wax covering sounds messy and fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, I really enjoyed working with you all last Saturday - and your finished book looks fantastic.

Hilary was asking after another class - (at a more relaxed pace, I promise) so if you want to let me have your email I can let you know about the next one.

If you know of anyone else who might be interested I'd be grateful if you could pass this info on and perhaps direct them to my blog.

Hope to see you again soon, Marie