23/08/2010

Busy Busy

It's been a busy time here lately - the last couple of weeks have flown by.
We had a really nice meal out the other evening with  two of my cousins which was lovely.Two of us were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversaries so it was a good excuse to get together for a meal.
When we get together we always have a  good time and come up with some family traits that we share  and  end up laughing about them..
Like we were talking about teeth and dentists and my cousin was telling me about her allergy to penicillin and amoxil and blow me down I am exactly the same ...so is my dad and so is her mum (they are brother and sister)...anyway I digress ... then I have been busily hooking away finishing the blanket for my friend for her little dog...it's now all finished ..
and now I'm back onto Granny Stripe, 39 stripes so far ..quite a few still to go ....
and finally a layout I did over the weekend - not one of my best photos but it was when we went out for our middle son's birthday. It's nice to get pics with all of us in them. for a change..I can't believe how dark it is already this evening, only 8.15 and it's like night time out there.
Anyone else looking forward to the Big Brother final tomorrow evening ? -I am.:-)

11 comments:

debs14 said...

Looks like you had a fun evening out! You're so busy with all that crafting - and a fulll time job, where do you find the time?! Blankets looking good, you must get through so much wool!
Sorry, not a BB fan, I'm more of a 'Strictly' gal!

humel said...

The crochet looks lovely, as does the layout :-) Glad you had a good evening out! xx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the LO of you all....and the blanket's coming on.
Sorry, I'm not a BB fan at all.

Melissa said...

Glad you had a good evening out. The blankets look lovly. :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Denise,
I've been busy, too. My school started (I teach) and the kids are heading back to school on Weds. Long way of saying I haven't dropped ypur prize in the post yet, but I will soon!
Rinda

Sian said...

Do I see a bit of a family resemblance there?

Brilliant crochet - like Deb says you must be powering through the wool lol

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Well, you certainly have been busy. I love the idea of a granny stripe blanket! Makes me want to get the yarn and crochet hook out...

knitalatte said...

Look at the progress you've made on your granny stripe blanket. It is looking so beautiful. I better get busy if I'm going to keep up!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant blanket and granny stripes but where are the crochet flowers to embellish it? Beautiful colour combo. xxx

Anonymous said...

I have given you 'Cherry On Top' blog award so go to my blog to pick it up xxx

Scrappi Sandi said...

Genes will out!!!! Great photo's....great crochet & I love that LO! I agree that Autumn is definitely on it's way...& sorry, I'm not a BB fan at all...I just don't 'get' it!!! But I hope you enjoy the final just the same!!!