04/07/2010

A bit of sanding...

Moving on from the messy business of paint and splattering, the next suggestion from CampScrap was using some Coredinations cardstock.Now, the one which was used in the example was a lovely butterfly background but sadly I hadn't got that one.
I knew I'd got some Jenni Bowlin butterfly paper that I loved a year or so ago (or maybe older than that ) and after much searching through lots of papers I found it...BUT I'd cut one of the butterflies out in the corner so my plan of using it as a background was scuppered. So - search time again. Literally by accident I came across some Coredination cardstock in a Jenni Bowlin kit of a few months back,so the idea was then to use that as the background and cut the butterfly paper to use on the layout.....well,paint was messy but this was DUSTY !  So - it was still a bit messy but again a lovely layout to take inspiration from...here's mine ...
and here is the original...
and, there are four more weeks to go!

Tomorrow sees the start of Shimelle's new class - am looking forward to that lots....see you in class if you are joining in .

9 comments:

Ruth said...

It looks as though you are having such fun! I haven't done any scrapping for ages, but I am signed up for Shimelle's new class.

SANDRA said...

Hi Denise. Not visited for ages or been blogging myself. Everytime I've picked my craft things up, just had no interest in it. You have been very busy though, and done some great work, very inspiring. Love Sandra x

debs14 said...

Interesting to see the original alongside your version. This is another really nice page, you're enjoying this course - I can tell! Learning lots of new things and moving outside your comfort zone. I expect to see much more splattered paint and sanding from now on ;-)

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely take on the original.

Sian said...

That sanding is brilliant fun, I love your take on the original. I'm signed up for Shimelle's class too so I'll see you there.

Scrappi Sandi said...

Don't tell anyone but I think I prefer yours!! I love Coredinations CS...even if it is a bit dusty!! See you in the forum...can't wait for that first 'proper' prompt!!

humel said...

Lovely :-) I'm enjoying Shimelle's class already, and looking forward to getting on to the 'pages' part later this week!

Hilary J said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun at Scrap Camp...

joa2307 said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog Denise! I am enjoying Camp Scrap, although havnt done much this week! I like your adaptations of the layouts! Hope the Shimelle class is good ( I havn't done any with her - i will have to check them out!)