16/02/2010

A day off




I am so looking forward to tomorrow, not only am I having a day's holiday I am going to be meeting up with my friend Hilary and a new friend I made at the retreat I went to in November.We are off to visit one of the ladies who was teaching at the retreat at her craft studio. What a lovely way to spend the day. Let's hope the M25 is calm tomorrow! I spent yesterday evening messing about with stamps and inks and grungeboard and started on a chipboard mini album. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I enjoyed messing ! I've still got quite a few 'pages' to complete yet. I started off by covering it with gold perfect pearls and then sponged greeny paint over it.Then I stamped a Wendy Vecchi flower onto grungeboard and layered it up and one of her sentiments too.I also used Tim Holtz's bird stamp.I can't quite decide whether to put photos in it or just stamp and embellish it...and as there is football on again tonight I might just have to disapppear to my craft room again, can you imagine what it's going to be like when the world cup starts in ...er ...quite a few weeks I believe...oh and I made pancakes tonight,not so keen on the lemon and sugar, I prefer syrup and cream ...go straight where they shouldn't on my body but oh they were nice !

7 comments:

debs14 said...

Sounds like you have a fun day planned for tomorrow, look forward to hearing all about it!
The mini album looks good, the gold and green go really well together, very vintage looking.
Yes, I suspect that there will be a lot of crafting going on during the football this summer ;-)

scrappyjacky said...

The mini album's looking great...have a fun day tomorrow.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Have a lovely day off. I was hoping for a snow day today but no such luck!!

karen said...

Oh where are you off too.Very intriguing.Have fun

Sian said...

Have a lovely day today! Never mind the World Cup, what about The Olympics?? Now, there's an excuse to disappear if ever I saw one :)

jude said...

check out my blog. i've given you an award x

humel said...

Oh, I love that mini album! Can't wait to see what you do with it :-)

I actually quite like football - but since my craft supplies are mostly in the living room, where the TV is also, I'm hoping to combine the World Cup with some crafting anyway...